Saturday, April 4, 2009

Florida Quilt Show




While in Panama City Beach we attended the Quilt Show put on by the St. Andrew's Guild. It's a smaller show, but with lovely work. I noticed how much lovely hand applique and hand quilting was on exhibit. Most of the shows I attend have more pieced quilts with longarm quilting. I'm thinking it's because Panama City area has more retires and they have more time than those of us who are still working and trying to get quilts done quickly. I've posted pictures here of the one Wayne & I both voted for as Best of Show. It didn't win Best of Show, but was made by the gal who made the Best of Show quilt (it was a Vintage Moments quilt of 30's repros). This was another activity we enjoyed on a rainy day in Florida. After the show we went to Quilting By the Bay Quilt Shop. If you are ever in the area, do stop there. It's a lovely setting and loaded with all sorts of patterns, fabrics and the best selection of notions I've ever seen in a quilt shop. I did help the economy of Panama City just a little that day!

No comments: